Grants are an important source of income for the Library. They help to buy new toys and are used to pay some of our Librarian wages. We appreciate all the support we get. Here are some examples of what we have received:
- In 2016 we received $1000 from the Lotteries Grants Board which we used to cover some of our yearly rent costs at the Newlands Community Centre.
- In 2016 we received $190 from the Thomas MacCarthy George Trust which we used to cover our yearly subscription to the Toy Library Federation of New Zealand.
- In 2015 we received $1000 from COGs which was put towards our Librarians wages.
- In 2014 we received a very generous grant of $20,000 from the Pelorus Trust. The majority of this epic grant was spent on new toys for the library.
- In 2013 we used $300 from the Thomas MacCarthy George Trust to buy some new toys for our second party pack.
- In 2012/13 we received $1,200 from COGs which was put towards our Librarians wages.
- In 2012 we received $80 from the Lotteries Grants Board to purchase new toys.
- In 2012 we received $600 from the Pelorus Trust which was used to purchase cooking and food related toys.
Last updated: Thursday, April 6th 2017